Shawn McGowen is CEO of Leather Honey, a multi-generational, family company that produces one of the most popular, and safest, leather conditioners in the world. He has a detailed knowledge of leather materials, conditioning agents, their impacts on leather fibers, and how to choose and apply conditioner to properly maintain leather goods.
What You Get
A specific increase in applicable knowledge, an understanding of why leather needs conditioning, what to look out for, how to spot a quality conditioner, and the proper ways to apply it.
This is an often-misunderstood area of leather care. Well dive into myth-busting, question-answering, and experienced-educating to help you know more than the average crafter!
In this expert’s guide to why, how, and getting great results, we’ll explore a few key areas. They’ll include:
What You’ll Learn:
- Why leather needs conditioning
- The main types of conditioners (water-based, oil-based)
- What conditioners actually do to leather fibers (and which can damage them)
- Choosing the proper, safe conditioner for your leather
- What conditioners actually damage leather
- How to properly apply leather conditioner
- How often to condition leather
- Color changes
- Mythbusting common beliefs
- Natural conditioners that work
- and more
Watch the Session
Completed Sessions are available to view 24/7 for Full ILC Club Members, in the Courses Library. If you’d like to become a Full Member, click below to learn more.